The Jacaranda Tree Cafe

I used to come to the Jacaranda Tree Cafe quite often when I lived nearby. I haven’t been for quite some time so decided to see what the cafe was like now. I looked up the website before I went to see whether the menu had changed. It looked pretty much the same but when I actually received my menu in the cafe, some of the prices had gone up. Time to update the website guys. The chairs had all been replaced with fold-up chairs which were comfortable but unattractive. Most people were choosing to sit outside today though. We were not greeted at the door as we used to be and glancing around showed that the usual friendly waitresses were not working here today (or perhaps not anymore). Today, I chose the Egg, lettuce, chopped bacon, and mayonnaise on a focaccia ($9.00). There are lots of other fillings to choose from too. Mine had burnt edges but otherwise tasted okay. My friend chose the Shepherd’s Pie ($13.90). This beef pie came in a bowl and was quite good. But the accompanying salad needed a dressing of some kind. It took a long time for our food to arrive. The cakes are made at the cafe ($7.50) with my favourite being the Lumberjack cake. The combination of apple, date, and coconut warmed up with a side of cream is very decadent. The coffee ($3.60) had a burnt taste but surprisingly improved as you went along. A pot of tea is $4.00 and is just a teabag! If you are going to charge high prices for tea you should at least use loose leaf tea. We used to love coming here because the staff were very friendly but when it was time to pay, we could barely get a smile out of the waitress. Next time I am in Blackburn, I think I will try the cafe round the corner...

Address: 2/28 Blackburn Road, Blackburn, VIC.  

Phone: 03 9894 7652

Website

The Jacaranda Tree Cafe on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts