· Baked Eggs with Moroccan meatballs, goats cheese, wilted spinach with La Madre toast ($17.00)
· Pumpkin and Fetta Tartlet with rocket salad and lemon dressing ($12.00)
· Corn Fritters with poached eggs, fried haloumi, coriander salsa and house-made sweet chilli drizzle ($15.00)
· Thai-rific Calamari Salad with green papaya, green bean, tomato, mixed herbs, roasted sliced almonds and house-made dressing ($15.00)
· House-made Chicken Fingers with small serve of fries ($7.00) *kids menu
WHAT WE ATE...
I decided to have something from their daily specials: ‘Lasagne bolognaise with béchamel served with mashed potato ($13.90)’. The steaming hot lasagne arrived on top of the mashed potato. I thought this was an odd combination but it tasted delicious. Plus, I do love my carbs. The lasagne was rich and gorgeous and I was very full afterwards! The accompanying side salad of rocket and slivers of red onion was also tasty.
My dining companion also decided to have a lasagne from the special’s board: ‘Pumpkin, oregano and ricotta lasagne served with mashed potato ($13.90)’. This lasagne was also fantastic and very luscious.
WHAT WE DRANK...
Two Seeds have a huge range of Harney & Sons Fine Teas ($3.80) with flavours such as Cinnamon Sunset, African Autumn, and Pomegranate Oolong to choose from. A Peppermint Hot Chocolate ($4.30) might be more your thing... My latte ($3.80) was lovely.The service was very friendly and we felt very welcomed.
Address: 186 High Street, Ashburton, VIC
Phone: 03 9885 1364
Mon – Fri: 6.00am – 4.30pm
Sat – Sun: 7.00am – 4.30pm