WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
· The Eggsparagus – Asparagus, hash brown, poached eggs, hollandaise and truffle oil ($18.50) *gluten free
· The Barramundi Roll – Crumbed barramundi fillet, brioche bun, fennel, apple and celery slaw, fried capers, dill aioli and chips ($19.00)
· The Lamb – Crisp spiced lamb shoulder, pumpkin hummus, fried chickpeas, beetroot relish, paprika yoghurt, cucumber and mint salad ($22.50) *gluten free
· The Bubble and Squeak – Bubble and squeak croquette, Italian sausage, roast tomato, fried egg, sourdough, house relish and house BBQ sauce ($21.50)
· French Toast, ricotta, and maple syrup ($6.50) *kids menu
WHAT WE ATE...
I chose a sandwich as they looked very tempting in the glass cabinet. The ‘Poached chicken, avocado, cheese and herb mayo ($11.00)’ was absolutely marvellous! The chicken was moist and the herb mayo was scrumptious. The bread was so fresh!
|Chicken and Avocado Sandwich|
My dining companion also opted for a sandwich. The ‘Poached chicken Waldorf , citrus, walnuts, celery and herb mayo ($11.00)’ was also delightful. The filling was tangy and crunchy.
|Chicken Waldorf Sandwich|
We bought a couple of danishes ($4.50) to take home for afternoon tea. We ordered an apricot and a cherry one but upon eating the cherry danish it appeared to be in fact a raspberry danish. The apricot danish was my favourite out of the two. The plump apricot was resting on a bed of silky and luscious custard. The pastry was nice and flaky. I’m definitely buying at least a dozen of the apricot danishes next time... Maybe some custard doughnuts as well...
|Apricot and Raspberry Danishes|
WHAT WE DRANK...
A glass of fresh juice ($8.00) may counteract the sugar from the pastries or maybe a pot of lemongrass tea ($4.00)... My latte ($3.80) made with Allpress Coffee tasted beautiful but was a tad cold.
The service at the Bakers Wife was fantastic even though the place was bustling with people eating in and purchasing take-away goodies.
Address: 414-418 Burke Road, Camberwell, VIC
Phone: 03 9809 1133
Tues – Fri: 7. 00am – 3.00pm
Sat – Sun: 8.00am – 3.00pm