Fergus

I spent a lot of my school holidays at Cabrini Hospital in Malvern as both my parents worked there. My dad was the executive chef of the hospital so I drifted around the giant kitchen quite a bit. Thus, I thought it was about time I did a review of a café in Malvern! Fergus is a brilliant café that is situated just down from Cabrini in Wattletree Road. The white picket fence and blue door drew me in... The interior was lovely and bright with white walls and tiles and the oil drum lampshades were definitely a feature. I really loved the décor as it was modern but at the same time homey and relaxed.

  

Fergus has a great value menu with lots of variety and both small and larger options. Items on the menu include the ‘Slow roasted chicken roll with cos, avocado and lime aioli’ ($10.00) and the ‘Fergus Reuben Sandwich on rye, toasted with pastrami, swiss cheese sauerkraut, pickles and mustard, served with side of thick cut chips and aioli’ ($15.00).

 
Our lattes ($3.80) were incredibly delicious and well made. They use Maling Room coffee so they do have the best to work with but the barista still has some amazing skills...
 

I felt like something healthy and light so I chose the ‘Warm pumpkin and quinoa salad, roasted fennel, spinach, lemon lime dressing, tamarind yoghurt and hazelnut dukkah’ ($14.00). This was a yummy dish that was fresh and full of tang. It wasn’t exactly a warm salad as specified as some of the elements were ‘fridge cold’ and the pumpkin was a little bit raw for me. It was still delectable nonetheless.

Warm Pumpkin & Quinoa Salad
 
My dining companion decided to have the ‘Corn and pea fritters with dill crème fraiche, beetroot relish and smoked salmon’ ($16.00). A generous serving of salmon, this was a delightful dish. The beetroot relish helped to cut back the richness of the salmon and the crème fraiche.  

Corn & Pea Fritters
 
Fergus is the perfect place to relax on the weekend with a fantastic coffee whilst reading the paper.


Address: 301 Wattletree Rd, Malvern East, VIC

Phone: 03 9509 8351



 
Trading Hours: Mon – Fri: 7.00am – 4.00pm
                      Sat – Sun: 8.00am – 4.00pm
 
 
 
Fergus on Urbanspoon
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts