Liar Liar

Tucked away off Glenferrie Road, is Liar Liar. On the weekends, it can be difficult to get a table as it is very popular and the interior is quite small. The space is industrial but slightly dark and mysterious. We were seated in a cosy nook at the rear of the café. A gorgeous light box lit our table and created a dramatic mood. The guy that served us was full of personality which made a lovely change. We started with some coffee. My latte ($3.70) was luscious and quite chocolaty. The flavour was strong but not bitter. A very well made coffee...

Latte

Now, for food related matters... Items on the menu include the ‘Big Fat Liar ($18.50) – eggs anyway, bacon, pork chipolatas, roasted mushrooms, spinach, thyme roasted tomato, and house made relish’ and the ‘Quinoa and Potato Rosti ($19.50) with smoked salmon, avocado, poached egg, and hollandaise’. Today I didn’t feel like a huge breakfast-style meal so I thought I would opt for a pide ($10.00). I would have ordered the Vegie version (artichoke, capsicum, rocket, pumpkin, goat’s cheese, aioli, and pesto) but I really dislike goat’s cheese. So, I went with the alternative pide – ‘Chicken with avocado, tasty cheese, aioli, and pesto’. It was nice and moist thanks to the perfectly cooked chicken and the aioli. There is nothing worse than a dry chicken sandwich... Besides, pesto always makes a chicken sandwich more interesting. The pide was perhaps a little too charred around the edges though.

Chicken Pide
 
My dining companion chose the B.L.A.T. ($13.00) – bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato with aioli on a Turkish pide. My friend enjoyed this dish and it was packed full of bacon and very filling indeed.

B.L.A.T.
 

As we were paying our bill, the cakes were calling to me... Alas, I was very full. Next time though...


Address: 90 Kinkora Rd, Hawthorn, VIC

Phone: 03 9818 8864




Trading Hours: Mon – Fri: 7.00am – 5.00pm
                       Sat – Sun: 8.00am – 5.00pm
 
 
Liar, Liar on Urbanspoon
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts