Mart 130

Charming is a word often used to describe Mart 130 and indeed it is. You might be thinking why it is called Mart 130? Well, mart is tram spelled backwards and it is located at the 130 tram stop... The cafe resides in the old stationmaster’s building and is so cute and quaint. We sat on the deck out the back as it was a sunny day. A pot of impatiens sat proudly on our table and it really was lovely and cosy on the enclosed desk.


Now, for the menu... There were so many delightful dishes to choose from! It’s always a good sign when you can’t decide what to have. However, I desired something sweet today so I ordered the ‘Organic brioche coconut French toast, pineapple, lychees, mascarpone, and caramel sauce and passionfruit syrup’ ($16.90). As I was eating my meal, I was thinking that it was quite savoury but then half way through I realised it didn’t have the caramel sauce! That would explain it... If it had the caramel sauce, it would have been a much better dish. I also think it could have had a little more time soaking in its eggy mixture before cooking. 
 
French Toast

My dining companion chose the ‘Roast chicken and sausage-onion stuffing in a toasted brioche bun with aioli, rocket, tomato, and crispy bacon’ ($13.50). This was very good but she thought that the sausage element dominated the dish.

Chicken and Sausage Stuffing

The coffee at Mart 130 is Genovese and our lattes ($3.80) were beautifully made. Vintage saucers came with our coffees which added another kitsch element to the cafe.
 
Most of the staff were friendly and they were also very efficient. Although there was a slight blunder with my meal, I would definitely come back to sample some of their other tempting dishes.
 

Address: 107A Canterbury Rd, Middle Park, VIC
 
 Phone: 03 9690 8831
 

 Mart 130 on Urbanspoon
 

Comments

Popular Posts