Fordham's Milk Bar

I was on my way to Leo’s Fine Food & Wine when I noticed a cute cafe just over from the Hartwell Station. Blue umbrellas and rows of pot plants adorn the outside of Fordham’s Milk Bar.

 
All the tables were taken outside today so we decided to sit inside at one of their beautiful mosaic tables. It would be the perfect place to visit with your little ones as there is a playground over the road. I can’t complain about the service here... We had lots of eager waiters wanting to take our order. We were a bit slow to decide because there were many lovely dishes to choose from. The all day breakfast menu had tempting choices such as the Sweet Potato Fritters, bacon, poached egg, pomegranate chilli dressing and leaves ($16.00) and the Smashed avocado and preserved lemon, mushrooms, Persian fetta, poached eggs and leaves ($16.00). From the lunch menu, the House-made Sausage Roll with salad and relish ($9.00) was really enticing me but I decided to have Mrs Fordham’s Meatball Sub with baby spinach, cheese, and napoli ($10.00). This was very flavoursome and filling! Only problem was that the roll was so hard that I found it very time consuming to deconstruct into bite size portions. A combination of sawing with a knife and ripping with my teeth managed to get the job done... eventually. I might go with the sausage roll next time...

Meatball Sub
My friend went with The Famous Bacon and Egg Roll ($12.00) with caramelised onion, tomato, herb mayo, and rocket leaves. This tasted great and apparently was much easier on the teeth than my meal...

Bacon and Egg Roll
Time for some coffees... My latte ($3.50) was very creamy but did have a slight burnt taste unfortunately. Such a shame as the food was delicious.

My Latte
 
Anyway, Fordham’s Milk Bar is a hidden away but extremely great value place to grab a tasty breakfast or lunch.
 
Address: 116-118 Fordham Avenue, Camberwell, VIC
 
Phone: 03 9041 0822

Fordham's Milk Bar on Urbanspoon
 

Comments

  1. Great review! I discovered this one last week looking for a kid friendly place to take my two year old. I had the poached eggs on toast with a side of avocado and a sweet potato fritter and it was delicious! The babycinnos are HUGE. I think I'll be having the egg and bacon roll next time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts