Three Bags Full


I thought I would take my Mum to Three Bags Full for Mother’s Day as it is so highly recommended. Well not exactly Mother’s Day, we usually celebrate Mother’s Day on the Saturday of the same weekend so that we are not confined to set menus and booking weeks in advance... Anyway, I was surprised to easily find a place to park my car, just down from the cafe. The cafe looked very busy but we managed to get a place at the elevated communal table. I was a little alarmed at first as I’ve never been a fan of communal tables but actually I found it rather enjoyable. Catching little snippets of people’s conversations was interesting and of course I got to see what other people were ordering... Plus, the tall stools we sat on were really quite comfortable. The cafe has seating out the front and the interior was sectioned into rooms and once you got used to the high noise level, it made for a pleasurable atmosphere. The service was brilliant, especially considering the size of the cafe. We received our menu and everything looked really enticing. Breakfast is served all day which is great. I eventually decided on the Twice baked French toast with crème patissiere, stewed rhubarb, and almonds ($16.50). This was so delicious! Nice to see rhubarb used instead of berries, which seems to be your average cafe’s regular standby. The crunch of the French toast and the almonds complemented the silky texture of the crème patissiere and soft rhubarb. I suggested to my Mum to try the Beetroot cured salmon with pea, feta and corn fritter, avocado, rocket, dill sour cream and lemon ($17.00) as this would definitely have been my second choice. She did and she absolutely loved it! The quality of food here is exceptional. Our lattes ($3.70) arrived and they were so good! Even my Mum who isn’t a huge coffee drinker could have ordered a couple more coffees. I wish I lived closer to this cafe as I would be coming here all the time...


Address: 60 Nicholson St, Abbotsford, VIC

Phone: 03 9421 2732

Three Bags Full on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts