Kallista Tea Rooms

Well my lovely readers, I think I have found my favourite cafe in the Dandenongs thus far... The food, service, and setting were all excellent. I can’t believe I have not been here earlier! The Kallista Tea Rooms is set in a charming, art-deco style building amongst the trees that are full of parrots. We booked ahead so that we could have an indoor table. Luckily enough we scored one of the wonderful window tables which just happened to be right next to the parrot feeders running along outside the window. Today we had galahs, crimson rosellas, and cheeky cockies entertaining us whilst we enjoyed our meal. The interior of the cafe is also gorgeous but of course I am always a sucker for fairy lights... Anyway, today I thought I would try the Ricotta & parmesan gnocchi with mixed roasted vegetables, walnut, pesto, and shaved parmesan ($16.95). This was unbelievably delicious! I’m definitely going to order this again. My friend decided to have something from the breakfast menu. Roasted mushrooms and fresh roquette on organic sourdough topped with fetta ($15.95) which was huge but very yummy. I would have loved to try the Soup of the Day ($10.50) with toasted cheesy herb & garlic beer bread but the weather was too warm for soup. Oh well, I will have to return here on a cold, winter’s day... My cappuccino ($3.50) came in a massive cup and thankfully was delectable too. The cafe is also licensed if you prefer something stronger to drink. Table service is provided here and the staff are very welcoming which just adds more to the delightful atmosphere of the cafe. I had no room for some cake today but they looked delicious and homemade. A slice of cake is $7.90 to $8.50 but there are also smaller sweets to tempt you. I spied that they had Lumberjack cake which I love, so will have to try that next time... 



Address: 103 Monbulk Rd, Kallista, VIC.  

Phone: 03 9755 2659

Website

Facebook

Kallista Tea Rooms on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts