Kallista Deli

I don’t know about you but I am now finding Sassafras and Olinda to be extremely busy and frustrating hamlets of the Dandenongs. I now prefer to bypass both and continue on to Kallista where I can easily find a car park and enjoy a relaxing lunch. The Kallista Deli is somewhere you feel so content that you are reluctant to leave. Perhaps it is observing the antics of the visiting crow hunting for goodies amongst the tables out the front that puts you in a hypnotic state. However, I think that the tasty and comforting food and the peaceful atmosphere also contribute to this. My favourite dish is the Eggs on Salmon ($14). Two poached eggs served on a large slice of toast with lots of smoked salmon, quarter of an avocado, spinach, and plenty of hollandaise sauce. As this dish is quite filling, I usually opt for the Calmer Sutra Chai tea ($3.50) which is one of the best chai blends I have had at a cafe. Sometimes they offer honey to go with it which makes it even better. The coffee ($3.50) can be a little bitter so I usually have tea here anyway. The breakfast menu is served until 2pm. I also like the Mushies Galore ($12.50) which has mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, spinach, and fetta on toast. From the lunch menu, the Salmon and Fetta Frittata ($9.90) is also tasty and includes a yummy, creamy herb mayo and an interesting salad. There are also cakes if somehow you can eat anymore food. The food usually takes a while to arrive but that allows you to gossip with your friends while you wait. The young staff have always been friendly and are happy to help. After lunch, you can pop over the road to Vintage Cookbooks if you still have food on your mind...



Address: 78a Monbulk Rd, Kallista, VIC.  

Phone: 03 9755 2887

Kallista Deli on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts